This Was a Big Year for the Zen Happiness Project Community
After two years of teaching meditation and starting local meditation groups, I made a New Years Resolution on January 1st of 2014: I was going to give this effort a name and get online to start promoting it.
It has proved pretty successful. I’ll share a few of the numbers:
- 38 weekly meditation meetings have taken place by conference call where a small group of us meditate together and talk about meditation. 190 people have attended. Sessions are currently on Sunday and Tuesday at 8pm EST and we’ll add more in 2015.
- 107 new community members took either the “Beginner’s Crash Course” or the “21 Day Introduction to Meditation.
- 874 people joined the Facebook discussion group where Kevin and Sofia run a vibrant, daily conversation about meditation and wellness.
- 1,422 people signed up for the ZHP weekly email where I share notice of new events and messages to support your practice.
- 25,524 people “liked” the Facebook Community Page to get a daily inspiration of something positive in their Facebook feed.
- 2,365,691 individuals (unique users) saw content associated with the Facebook Community Page and that content was seen 8,876,721 times. (Impressions)
What I can’t quantify in numbers is what a gift these new relationships have been in my life. I particularly value the relationships we’re forming in the Sunday and Tuesday night meditation groups. Every practitioner needs a sangha, a community of practitioners. I’m lucky to have met such a great group of people.
If you haven’t taken a class, joined the discussion group or attended one of the weekly meditation groups, I hope you’ll join us in 2015. (Reply for details!)
May your practice be strong. Happy New Year!
Anthony A. Cernera, M.Ed.
P.S. I'll announce January's beginner's classes later this week and a 30 Day Meditation Challenge designed to get our year started right!