New to Zen? I'd like to help you get started.
In 2007 I was a mess.
I graduated college, bought a house, got married and started my first professional job all in 3 months!
I was stressed out, deeply cynical and couldn't sleep. I was drinking too much, gained a lot of weight and started to go into debt. Fortunately, a friend introduced me to a group that got together and meditated once a week. My journey began.
I am now a student of Zen Buddhism who meditates daily, has enjoyed its benefits and over the last few years have introduced thousands of people to Zen Meditation (Zazen.)
Today I'm a pretty happy guy. Holding onto worry, doubt and anxiety are a thing of the past. I find joy in every day, even the tough ones.
I'd like to help you learn what I've learned.
Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Read this or watch this 7 minute video to learn how to meditate.
- Start meditating with a goal of 3, 5 or 10 minutes a day. Why so little? Read why here.
- Check out our resources page for more links, tips and helpful advice.
- Join our email list to get notices about future challenges, classes, workshops and other sorts of useful things.
- Request a free one-on-one session with one of the ZHP meditation instructors by clicking here.
- Call in to one of the weekly meditation groups that meet by conference call.
Everything is free, this is a labor of love, not of profit. Why is it free? Read this to find out.
Please contact me if you have any questions. I love talking meditation with folks and I can be reached at ZenHappinessProject@gmail.com
Anthony A. Cernera, M.Ed.